We are opening our doors to live services on Sunday, June 7 at our usual service time of 10:30 am.
Although Sunday mornings won’t quite be back to “normal” for a while, we are taking our first steps in that direction. As a safety measure, we will be offering a shortened live service for those wanting to attend. We will also continue to offer the livestream option on YouTube, for those who would like to worship digitally for a while longer.
As we reopen the church building for public worship on June 7, we are implementing a few guidelines that have been adopted from recommendations from the CDC.
Please, if you feel ill or if you are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 (older adults and people of all ages with underlying medical concerns), we ask that you stay home and continue to worship with us via the YouTube livestream.
For your own safety and the safety of our entire church body, we will be implementing the following guidelines for worship at the church building:
- Doors open 10 minutes before the service, at 10:20. A greeter will hold the door open for you to minimize your contact with surfaces. Likewise, someone will hold the door open when you leave following worship.
- We encourage you to wear a mask to protect yourself and every person who has come to worship.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines and stay 6 feet apart from other families.
- An usher will show you to your seat, as we are maintaining social distancing within the sanctuary. We plan to use every other pew in order to, once again, adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- An usher will be in place following the service to release worshipers one row at a time.
- We will be limiting use of the building to the foyer spaces and the sanctuary.
- When using the restroom, please: use a paper towel to open and close the door. Close the lid when you flush. Thoroughly wash your hands. Wipe down all the surfaces (toilet handle, faucet handle, door handle) with the provided sanitizing wipes. Leave the lights on and door open when you leave.
- To protect you from frequently touched items:
- We’ll continue to use weekly newsletters to update you, rather than using bulletins. We may have notes sheets available ahead of time for you to print off if you’d like.
- Offering plates for tithes & offerings will be at the back of the church. The black box may also be used for your convenience, and online giving is always available.
- Coffee, water and treats won’t be shared just yet.
- Let’s provide lots of verbal love, but please refrain from handshakes and hugs for now.
We know this seems like a lot of precaution, but we are doing everything we can to provide safety for every single person in our church body, as well as guests. Please remember that there are many in our congregation and community who are at a much higher risk of complications from COVID-19.
Please note that, because of the upcoming construction on our church building, the status of our Sunday morning worship services may shift again soon. But for the time being these are the precautions we are going to take. We continue to monitor the recommendations given to us by the CDC, SDDOH, and others.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.